Aug 30, 2014

One year ago...









I can't believe it has been a year since I was photographed by Sue Bryce for her 50+ Fabulous campaign. It was an honor to have that experience and one that I am so grateful for. I had so much fun and so much trust in her. I just remember hoping I would be good enough and give her images that she could use for her campaign. The experience was so powerful for me I made a promise to myself that there was no way I could ever pay Sue back for what she had done for me but maybe I could pay it forward to the women in my life and my community. Maybe I could take a woman doubting her beauty and help her see it when she looked at her images. Maybe I could treat a woman to a makeup and hair session and she would trust me to take beautiful images of her. Maybe I could photograph an aging woman and help her see and feel her beauty is timeless. And maybe families of women I know would have beautiful images of their mom or grandmother that  they could treasure for a lifetime. Sue also made a beautiful video 50 is Fabulous you can see view it on Vimeo.




 The next day was the reveal which was very emotional for me. I have celebrated my birthdays since my mother was killed in a car accident at the young age of 57 - so every year I pass that is a celebration for her. I think how can I complain about aging when my beautiful mother didn't get the privilege to grow old. When  I looked at these images that's all I could think about is dedicating them to  my mom and celebrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment