Jan 10, 2016

Calligraphy wrapping paper





On my previous post I mentioned I was practicing calligraphy, this is my first attempt at adding it to wrapping paper. I used a kraft type wrapping paper and practiced on a small piece first to determine if my ink would run. When I saw that it actually worked pretty good and didn't bleed, I measured out a larger sheet and with a pencil and ruler drew out diagonal lines to use as guides. After completing all the inking I erased the guide lines. I used a Nikko G nib and a General pen holder with Higgins Eternal ink. It was a little intimidating and I had to focus on just writing out the word I couldn't think about almost getting to the end and misspelling love or messing up! A really fun way to practice words and get a personalized wrapping paper. You can choose any word, or name, or occasion the possibilities are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment